Monday, November 11, 2019

My hopes and fears for that Galaxy far far away on the eve of The Mandalorian

On the eve of the Mandalorian I find myself excited for the potential of this show but nervous for the future of the franchise after hearing the sobering rumors of how poorly the initial test screening for The Rise of Skywalker went.
I'm a fan and seeing how these ST movies have absolutely missed the mark and divided the fandom hurts a little, I introduced my son to Star Wars with the OT and then the PT and we watched some of TCW and all of SWR together. He's about to turn 10 and his interest in the once legendary franchise is waning! Part due to me, he hears me complaining about TLJ and the utterly deplorable manner the legacy characters have been treated in the ST and how 1 dimensional the new characters are. Ever since the announcement of these movies and the choice of 3 different directors I had a lingering question in the back of my mind; why?
So with 40 days till TRoS I hope this movie will succeed and help reunite the fan base to ensure future generations can enjoy adventures in that galaxy far far away. But truth be told I never had faith in JJ Abrams or Ryan Johnson or the plan to let each director "do their own thing".
So getting back to Hope, I have a good feeling about The Mandalorian, they certainly have the right people working on it, Dave Filoni the heir apparent to the Maker, Jon Favreau, Taika Waititi, Deborah Chow and an impressive cast with talent like Pedro Pascal, Carl Weathers, Werner Herzog, Giancarlo Esposito.
I hope this show explores the Mandalorian Culture and what happened to them during the years of Imperial Control. I pray this show connects to the events of Star Wars Rebels and we are re introduced to Bo Katan (voiced by Katie Sackhoff) and the Dark Sabre! I wouldn't mind mentions of Tarre Vizsla, Dutchess Satine, and House Wren as well.....

Image result for Bo Katan










This series has the potential to unite the fandom by connecting the OT and the ST thru a few threads and be it's own story at the same time just like Star Wars Rebels did!

No comments:

Post a Comment