Saturday, August 18, 2018

Star Wars Resistance Trailer 2018 VS Tie Fighter anime Fan fan film 2015

So we just got our first look at the next animated Star Wars television series, Star Wars Resistance. I have to be honest the trailer is weak. I know alot of people were turned off by Rebels art style initially when compared to TCW but that series really, REALLY impressed me. In fact dare I say I would rather watch Star Wars rebels than episode VII and VIII! Now will I check out SW Resistance? Sure, but based on this trailer I have 0 hype for this series. So Resistance takes place between ROTJ and TFA so I hope this series helps back fill the tremendous gaping hole of info missing from the ST to some extent! I understand the bright cheery color pallet as this is supposed to be peace time since this post empire....



So after watching the Resistance trailer I was reminded of something my friend said to me after walking out from the theater after seeing TPM.."If you're George Lucas Disney and have more money than God, this is the best you can do?"
So three years ago a fan of anime and Star Wars by the name of Otaking made a fan film that absolutely blew me away! It was as if Shoji Kawamori was working with Lucas Film (dream collaboration!!!) Watch the below short film and tell me which is visually more impressive.




No comments:

Post a Comment