Saturday, May 15, 2004

Know your roll!

After spending some time in the Kingdom of San d'Oria I headed back to the Valkurm Dunes, as a WHM I never seem to wait very long for an <>. My experience thus far with parties is, some folks just don't know their roll! For a WHM like myself it's relatively easy, cast Protectra and Shellra and watch the party members HP's, and cast a cure spell now and then. As a WHM I don't concern myself with the intricacies of weapon skills (although I can learn them), the art of voking and pulling, not needed.
At my level soloing as a WHM is not an option any longer, the experiences I've had so far is I'm either in a party that knows what they're doing and the members know their roll ie tank=hate monger, puller= has a ranged weapon or knows how to use ability of provoke, DDers= better have that weapon skill capped and up to level armor and mages: black=understand how to use nuke and not get hate and magic burst, red=refresh <>, white= buffs & curing.
It may sound complicated but it really isn't.
Unfortunately there have been a number of times where the puller doesn't know about linking mobs or how they detect, or the DD's armor is 10 levels below their current level, or the DD's don't "voke" the mob off the other members.
But thankfully that hasn't been the norm, I chalk it up to all us PS2 n00bs learning the ropes.
So my adventures in the Valkurm dunes continue as I battle Clippers, Damselfly's and Pugils and try and collect the 3 rare/ex items for my sub job. I forsee Trytifaeris delving into the the dark arts of the Black Mage once I unlock the ability to have a sub job.

No comments:

Post a Comment