Saturday, November 21, 2020

The Mandalorian S2E4 The Seige


Last nights episode could’ve been a filler, when Din and the Child divert to Nevarro....but it was anything but! Last weeks episode connected Din Djarin’s journey to the past when he met Bo Katan, this weeks episode connects to the ST when Mando, Greeve and Kara infiltrate an imperial base to destroy it to free Navarro from the last remnants of the Empire. The mission begins just like every other base infiltration in Star Wars but the team stumbles onto something unexpected via a holo message from Dr Pershing to Moff Gideon regarding results of a blood infusion from the child. In this scene we see  bodies suspended in Bacta tanks. Now I’ve only seen The Siege once but I swear it looked like Snoke!
I really didn’t get hyped at this possible connection like I did when Bo showed up last week. Personally 
I was totally on board with the rumor that Filoni and Faverau were working towards relegating the ST to a possible future via the use of the World Between Worlds introduced at the end of the Rebels series. 
I guess that rumor is out the window, but I have faith Filoni and Faverau can improve the ST by explaining some of the numerous unanswered questions left by the ST.
Now back to discussing good Star Wars.....for the second big reveal, what were those things Gideon was checking out at the end of the episode? I asked some friends and they think they’re Dark Troopers. And since they’re from a part of the EU (legends ) I’m not familiar with I’m very pleased how Dave has successfully incorporated so much from the EU like The Bendu, Grand Admiral Thrawn, Cob Vanth, and the Nohgri, I'm sure what ever they are they'll actually be used to enhance the story not not end up being nothing but a marketing ploy for toy sales.
This episode had some great low key fan service moments during the base infiltration from sound bytes to a great chase scene reminiscent to the trench run in A New Hope with a dash of speeder bike chase scene in RotJ! 
Kudo's to Carl Weathers for directing a solid episode full of  fan service, intrigue and new material to theorize over till next Friday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment