Sunday, September 23, 2018

Kill la Kill TGS 2018 Gameplay Trailer

Back in the PS1 days I dabbled in a wider variety of fighting games, Battle Arena Toshshinden, Soul Caliber, MK, but my favorite franchise has always been Street Fighter. I even played Ranma 1/2 on the NES waaaaay back in the day! This generation has seen a semi resurgence in fighting games, Tekken 7, Dragonball FighterZ, Injustice 2, MK XL, KoFXIV, Soul Calibur 6, and SFV, (sorry MVC:I). I've really only played Street Fighter V this generation, I never was that hyped for DBZ and the only other fighting game that I'd like to get is Soul Calibur 6 until I heard about the Kill la Kill game coming! Below is the TGS gameplay trailer...
The game is obviously in it's alpha stage as there was only 4 selectable characters Ryuko, Satsuki, Uzu and Ira and 2 stages to choose from.
There's 4 bars below the characters health bar that build as you take damage and for now it appears the health bars don't reset after beating the opponent. There also appears to be some sort of "clash system" when the two characters attack simultaneously in close proximity. 
Now I watched the Kill la Kill all the way thru, but I think the Anime has a "cult following" and never went mainstream, the anime probably turned off a few snowflakes out there. What I'm getting at is this is one fighting game that could benefit from a Story mode.
I'd love to see what type of rating the ESRB is gonna give Kill la Kill! I REALLY doubt it's gonna get E rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment