Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Movie review: Wild

When I say Reese Witherspoon what's the first thing that comes to mind? I bet it's not a drama that revolves around a young woman that spirals into a self destructive life style after her mother dies from Cancer. And in that moment of clarity at her lowest point decides to walk away from it all.....on the PCT (Pacific Crest Trail).
I enjoyed the movie, I can relate to a certain degree with Witherspoon's character Cheryl Strayed we all get that point in our life I think. We all reach that fork in the road of life.
The symbolism in Wild is obvious but works well most notably the first scene with "the monster".
The cinematography is gorgeous and reminds me why I love camping and hiking.
Reese Witherspoon and Laura Dern did a  great job in this simple movie
After watching Wild I wanted a Snapple and to go to REI!
B

No comments:

Post a Comment