Friday, July 15, 2011

Winnie the Pooh Review

This movie was especially memorable for me because it was my son's first movie! He'll never remember it but I'll never forget it. For the most part I prefer Anime style over US animation the exception being Disney/Pixar films. I have always been a fan of the hand-drawn style of old Disney films and this latest Winnie the Pooh Film is a fantastic showcase of a long lost style that is warm and inviting.
The story felt a little familiar to 2006's Pooh's Grand Adventure where Pooh gets a letter from Christopher Robin which is misinterpreted.
The film was an enjoyable whimsical adventure with Pooh, Piglet, Eeyore, Tigger, Kanga, Roo, Rabbit and Owl on an adventure in the hundred acre wood looking for Eeyore's lost tail and searching for Christopher Robin while trying to capture the menacing Bakson.
The movie seemed short compared to other films like the Tigger Movie and the above mentioned Pooh's Grand Adventure at 70 minutes, but I  don't think that mattered to the children who all had huge grins at the end of the movie. You can't go wrong with a Winnie the Pooh movie with children!
A

1 comment: