Sunday, August 15, 2010

Star War Saga coming to Blu Ray


I hate you George Lucas! I bought the original unedited starwars trilogy on VHS back in the early 90's, then I bought the "digitally remastered" version of the OT with the "lost Jabba scene" in the ESB in the late 90's
Then I bought TPM, AotC and RotS. I swore I was done, I was free from Lucas Arts commercial tractor beam, but apparently the hyper drive on my wallet was never fixed....
At celebration V this weekend Lucas Arts announced the Star Wars Saga is coming to Blu Ray....and of course there's more "recovered footage" that will show up in this version. See below.
I'm a bit skeptical about this "recently discovered" footage, honestly you can't tell that's Luke Skywalker visually, it's just shadows and I don't recall him having such a large cleft in his chin...



1 comment:

  1. I don't feel so badly about the Star Wars films coming out on Blu-Ray... I mean, what is Lucas supposed to do, not re-release them? When the industry produces a new kind of media, he'll re-re-release them all over. Each time they'll try to do something 'new' with the release, more special features, etc.

    I won't be buying the films on Blu-ray, I've got them on DVD and that's good enough for me. Star Wars as a franchise feels like an aged, worn out hooker that Lucas threatens with his pimp cane every few years to get back out on the street and earn him some more paper.

    Sad.

    I mean, look what Lucas did to Indiana Jones with that last movie!

    ReplyDelete