Friday, May 21, 2010

Final Fantasy XIII Review

The first Final Fantasy for this generation of consoles has finally arrived on the PS3 and Xbox 360! Is the first shard of the Fabula Nova Crystallis worth it's weight in Gill?

Final Fantasy has changed from the the good ol' day's of HP/MP, world map's, job classes and random battles, some for the better and some not...but that is really up to the individual.

To begin with I need to take a step back to FFXII, actually I need to go a bit further back than that, I bought Final Fantasy Tactics for the PS1 not realizing it was a different genre altogether but by the time I finished it I absolutely loved it! So when I heard FFXII was being designed by Yasumi Matsuno and Hiroyuki Ito it instantly became a "fist day" purchase. From all the videos and screen caps I had seen I was certain FFXII was going to be an amazing game...and it might've been if the original team had been able to complete the game, but fate stepped in and with health issues plagueing the development team the game suffered tremendously. The pacing, character development, plot and sub plot all could be felt about halfway thru the game. My biggest gripe about FFXII was it was too short and the side quest actually extended the game by double...In my opinion a side quest is no longer a side quest if it's literally longer than the main story of the game!
It's now three years and five months since Vaan, Ashe, Penelo, Basch, Fran and Balthier defied the Occuria and forged their own destiny.
Welcome to Cocoon home to millions of citizens that live in blissful ignorance, sheltered and nurtured from the horrors of Gran Pulse below by the  .
The game begins with Lightning fighting her way thru a speeding train in an industrial setting...what we saw in the trailers, and then transitions to a skirmish on the ground between  Snow Villiers and his



L'Cie

fal'Cie

PSICOM

Lightning

--->Nora = Gadot, Lebreau, Maqui,

Serah Farron

Fang; Vanille

Sazh Katzroy  Dajh
Galenth Dysley=Primarch of the Sanctum=Cocoon fal'Cie Barthandelus























Truth be told I was actually more interested in Versus XIII than vanilla XIII but I was

No comments:

Post a Comment