Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection 1987-2012

Last year I played alot of Metal Gear solid! In August MGS4 got the trophy patch, then I played MGS Peace Walker, then I triple dipped on Snake Eater (for the trophies). Then we were treated too the mysterious teaser trailer for a game called The Phantom Pain which we all know now is Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain....which I'm very excited for!
The 25th anniversary was going great and then day before yesterday I read about The Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection...
This PS3 exclusive comes with:
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty HD
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater HD
~MSX Metal Gear
~MSX Metal Gear 2
Metal Gear Solid Peace: Walker HD
Metal Gear Solid 4 "Trophy Edition"
Metal Gear Solid VR Missions
Digital Graphic Novels

So who is gonna buy this?
Me?
No sorry I love the franchise but I have MGS(PS1), MGS2 (PS2), MGS3: SE (PS2), MGS3: SE Subsistance (PS2), MGS3 SE HD (PS3), MSX MG, MSX MG2, MGS:PW HD (PS3), MGS4 w/ trophy patch (PS3).
The next Metal Gear Solid game I'll own is MGSV: TPP
The ONLY way I would ever consider buying this collection is if it included a remastered MGS with trophy support and trophies for MSX MG & MSX MG2. And perhaps some incentive towards MGSV.
Who would I recommend this collection to? My friend Krogenar, I've been his gaming guru since the days of  SNES and this is one series I feel he needs to experience to understand why I'm such a fan. Awhile back I said to him at this point I'm more excited about the story of MGSV than the graphics and/or gameplay...I know he must've been scratching his head on that comment! And anyone who's mildly interested in this franchise...this is your opportunity to experience one of video games most influential and enjoyable franchises for 25 years!


No comments:

Post a Comment