Sunday, July 22, 2018

Movie Review: A Prayer Before Dawn

I would probably have never seen this if it weren't for UPF.
Based on the book, based on the real life events of Billy Moore this is movie is an honest depiction of what it's like in a Thai Prison. This movie was a tough watch but I'm sure the real experience was even more horrifying.
If you've seen American History X you'll have an idea what you're in store for with this movie.
The cinematography in the movie does a good job of showing Billy's fucked up state of mind in certain scenes by use of motion blurring.

I hear Turkish prisons are nightmarish but this film does a phenomenal job of making Thai prisons a place I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy! This is not an easy film to watch but worthwhile if for no other reason than to show where drugs can end you up.

I think this movie would benefit some parents with bad ass kids that think they know it all.
B


No comments:

Post a Comment