Sunday, September 9, 2018

Solo a TLJ casualty....

I just watched Solo the other day and regrettably I think this movie is like the innocent person on the side walk minding their own business that gets seriously injured while a crazed mob is marching down the street with torches and pitch forks....Solo never had a chance. Before TLJ many, including myself, were saying I have zero interest in seeing a Solo origins movie. Then the Lord and Miller drama, then, the acting coach rumors, and to 80% reshoots rumors, then TLJ happened....but like I mentioned I just saw it and......I enjoyed it. L3 3T was irritating AF...I was glad to see "her" die. Donald Glover did fine as Lando, and I didn't think Ehrenreich was terrible. Woody Harrelson's character was so obviously gonna betray Han. For me the most interesting character was Emilia Clarke's Qi ra...that character has so much potential to add to the franchise! After watching Solo I wondered, what would Han have done if when he left Leia he bumped into Qi ra all those years later. My Fan boy spirit was reignited and I started to do the match and yeah Rey could be....and for that connective thread to be true it would make the ST just a bit better!
Solo isn't great but it was entertaining and there is some real impressive cinematography and there is potential to expand the Universe and flesh it out even more.
Oh and then there's the guest appearance by my favorite ex Sith. Now if you were totally perplexed by his appearance then you sir never watched TCW and SW Rebels and you sir are not a Star Wars fan, good day sir! But if you did recognize Sam Witwer's voice then congrats you are a fan!
All in all Solo is an enjoyable space adventure with Star Wars characters. Definately worth checking out post mortem....
B-

No comments:

Post a Comment