Friday, April 14, 2017

40 Years of Star Wars: Star Wars Celebration 2017

Yesterday my son and I watched the opening ceremony for Star Wars Celebration 2017, celebrating 40 years of this beloved franchise. He's only 7 so he was watching because he thought we'd see the trailer for TLJ...after an hour he was like B-O-R-I-N-G, I enjoyed the panel, some of the highlights for me were seeing Dave Filoni up on Stage with George Lucas, Sam Jackson telling George to save Mace Windu, Liam Neeson giving us a spoiler about the fate of Jar Jar Binks, and seeing Mark and Harrison on stage with George and the tribute at the end to Carrie Fisher/Princees Leia...ack those feels....and seeing her daughter Billie Lourd was really nice.
I felt George Lucas's speech was heart felt and sincere....I'll just leave it at that.

Some other notable moments were Hayden Christensen seemed a bit uncomfortable or nervous on stage and it seemed like Ian was trying to help him feel more comfortable up there....nice going Palps!
Notable absentees were Dennis Lawson ,  Ewan McGregor and Natalie Portman.




Looking forward to today's The Last Jedi panel that begins in about 45 minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment