Thursday, May 8, 2014

Old Boy: Chapter 2 of the Vengeance Trilogy

Uncle Pauly told me about this movie last years not the US remake but the original Korean film...yet another awesome recommendation! THANK YOU!
Don't bother with the US version, watch the original movie.It had me saying da fuq for awhile but I was completely drawn in by Oh Dae Su's mission to discover who imprisoned him for 15 years and why.
The who is revealed rather early on but the why....the why is what makes this movie work. And once the the truth is revealed  holy shit! That was one hell of a sucker punch that had me literally saying "No F'n way! OMFG!!' out loud.
I also enjoyed how the director decided to leave the film's ending totally ambiguous.
Just like the Swedish version of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, I am willing to bet the US version of this film pales in comparison as well.
I've seen enough revenge movies to say this might just be my favorite!
After watching this I want to see the other two chapters in the Vengeance Trilogy!






No comments:

Post a Comment