Friday, April 30, 2010

Game Review: Super Street Fighter IV

The Street Fighter series is notorious for version updates...
Street Fighter II: World Warriors-> SFII Champion Edition->SFII Turbo: Hyper Fighting->Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers -> Super Street Fighter II Turbo
With each of those revisions to the SFII series we got a few game play tweaks or roster updates.
With the success of Street Fighter IV it was only a matter of time before we got an  update. Unlike previous version updates this one's a doozy! 10 "new" characters, 5 new stages, 3 new modes, the return of bonus stages and the replay channel, a second Ultra for all characters, new alt outfits for the entire roster!
You'll notice I put new in parenthesis  in regards to the 10 new characters in actuality only 2 are totally new.


Juri: an agent of S.I.N. Korean taekwondo practitioner, who lost her parents and one eye to Shadaloo. Her damaged left eye is replaced by SIN tech (Feng Shui Engine).








Hakan is a Turkish oil wrestler who enters the tournament to prove his fighting style is the best....meh.








Guy: Returns from SFA  and FF










Cody: Returns from SFA and FF










Dudley: Returns from SFIII










Makoto: Returns from SFIII










Ibuki: Returns from SFIII










Dee Jay: Returns from SSFII and SFA










T-Hawk: Returns from SSFII and SFA










Adon: Return's from SF1 and SFA











The new stages are a VERY welcome addition as the few we got with the original were adequate but I'm one of those who thinks every character needs to have their own distinctive stage.
The new modes are great Endless being my favorite as I can now play against all my friends from Capcom Unity, I also like the revamped Tournament Mode, I will probably never get to a real Street Fighter Tournament so this will do.
I'm a creature of habit and when I discovered the bonus stages weren't in the single player mode of Street Fighter IV it bugged me, the bonus stages are an integral part of what makes Street Fighter, Street Fighter.
This is an amazing update to an already great game....absolutely worth the price!

9/10






No comments:

Post a Comment