"One of the cool things we're doing there is inviting you to join GameStop and Capcom for the “Street Fighter Fights Hunger” charity food drive in partnership with Second Harvest Food Bank. You're invited to come do your part by bringing gifts of canned foods or nominal donations to be collected at the event.
The event will take place at Fort Mason in San Francisco, where 16 national finalists will battle it out for the Grand Prize before advancing to represent the US in an International Exhibition featuring champions from Japan and Korea. Street Fighter fans will be able to experience the action up close and personal as the finalists will be playing live-on stage with a giant jumbo screen to show off every bit of the battle.
Besides just the Finals, there's some other cool things to look forward to, like:
- SFIV game play kiosks
- Autograph signing with Yoshinori Ono, Producer for SFIV, and Seth Killian, EVO founder and Special Advisor to the game
- Performances by freestyle dance crew and America’s Best Dance Crew finalists, Supreme Soul, live on-stage throughout the night
- DJ spinning throughout the night
- SFIV-themed costume contest, activities, and prizes
- E-Shots photo booth, Venom Energy Drink samplings, Estate LA custom hat experience, Coveroo laser etching experience, and SFIV models
So remember, bring canned foods or risk Dan Ultra to the face.
Saturday, April 18, 2009
Fort Mason Center, San Francisco"
I'd definitely go, if I were on the correct coast...