Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Love and Hate the FGC VS The Gun Violence blame game


Here we go again!
Another mass shooting in America, 2 actually and here comes the blame game from politicians....
I've been playing Video games since the Atari 2600, I've played Street Fighter since 1987 and many many other games that are "violent". I guess I'm waaaay overdue for a egregious act of violence!
Yes I get salty when I lose a match in Street Fighter...It's a competitive game and I'm competitive in nature...I like to win, who doesn't?
 But the video game industry seems like an easy scapegoat to the talking heads, there's been an abundant number of case studies to prove Video games do not "make" people violent to the point they go into public places and unload a semi automatic rifle or blow up buildings with people!!!
Evo 2019 is coming to a close and this year Yoshinori Ono a veteran producer at Capcom who loves attending the World's premiere fighting game tournament and share his love of Street Fighter with all the attendees with a hearty SHORYUKEN and a trailer for new content.
But as mentioned this years announcement leaked early on Steam and Ono was so defeated he tweeted that he didn't even want to go to EVO this year.
I just want to show the love that the FGC has when united, yeah we play games that involve violence but there's a heart and a level of unity that resonates stronger than all these violent atrocities that politicians want to blame video games for.
I think the government needs to look elsewhere for the cause. It seems America isn't the top consumer of video games but God Damn we EXCEL at gun violence!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment