Saturday, February 16, 2019

Denis Villeneuve’s Dune 2020

I have a copy of the extended version of 1984's Dune by David Lynch on VHS somewhere at my mothers. I never read the novel but my friend CJ introduced the sci fi story to me and I enjoyed it.....the film was a bit clunky in parts and the special effects weren't that special but the story was fascinating and I did enjoy it overall.
So now Denis Villeneuve is re creating this cult classic and I have complete faith this 21st Dune will not only be faithful to the source material it might eclipse the Disney sequel trilogy. I might be in the minority but I absolutely loved 2017's Bladerunner 2049 by Villeneuve.
And the cast for Dune 2020 is crammed with so many A-listers! Jason Mamoa, Josh Brolin, Javier Bardem, Oscar Isaac, Dave Bautista, Stellan Scarsgard...
I'll keep an eye on this film!

No comments:

Post a Comment