I just got done watching Sony's Press Conference and again I gotta say Sony's doin' it right.
They've been consistent with their message since February's PS4 reveal and I feel they've got nothing but positive momentum on their side at this point.
So here are some of the key points I've taken from their Gamescom conference...
- PS Vita price drop to $199.99
- PSVita memory cards price reduction
- The Playroom pre-intalled on all PS4's (looks gimmicky to sell PS4 eye)
- Plenty of Indie Dev love <3
- Netflix, Hulu etc. will not require PS+ subscription
- Good demo of X-play using Assassins Creed Black Flag
- Exclusive Watchdogs PS4 content. 4 additional missions/ Dedsec white hacker coat/ Hacking boost
- 12 GB PS3 price drop to $199.99 ( you may say 12GB is nothing but you can get a WD Scorpio Blue HDD for $75, so $275 for a 500BG PS3 ain't bad!)
- Andrew House dissing M$ and their flip flopping policies with the XBOne\
- Launch date US 11/15 EU 11/29 available in 32 countries at launch!
Everyone's Gone to Rapture
Shadow of the Beast
inFAMOUS Second Son
Gran Turismo 6
Interestingly there was nothing mentioned about Gaikai, Online Multiplayer and PS+ subscription service at all....but we're getting a Watchdogs movie! I thought I saw that back in 2007....I think it was called Live Free or Die Hard.