On August 3, 2012, Capcom tagged iam8bit once again, this time to curate a group art extravaganza that would most respectfully pay homage to the last 25 years of Street Fighter. Nearly 1,800 attendees visited the iam8bit gallery in Los Angeles during the opening night.
The culmination of 50 artists and nearly 100 artworks (from paintings to plush) was mind-rattling, transporting fans to an intimate place, rarely explored in the lore of Street Fighter. The personal stories told through each piece were sentimental and badass.
Also part of the evening's events:
* A real-life BONUS ROUND, featuring a 6-foot pinata
* A giant graffiti wall by famed street artist, LEBA
* A pop-up shop featuring limited edition Street Fighter merch
* A Photo Playset that put players INTO the game
* An animated GIF gallery, scoured from the vastness of the world wide web
* ...and a very belligerent Ryu (who probably had a terrible weekend)