Monday, August 8, 2011

Movie Review: The Change Up

Ryan Reynolds and Jason Bateman are best friends since childhood, now as adults they lead polar opposite lives. One up to his ears with responsiblities the other not a care in the world. Kinda reminds me of my friendship with Krogenar a few years back...
Mitch (Reynolds) lives the bachelors lifestyle with a different PoA every night, Dave has a promising career at a law firm where he's driven to make partner, a beautiful wife a young daughter who is coping with a bully, and two adorable babies. Dave and Mitch have a bar night get drunk, and wish for each others lives while pissing in a fountain.
So their wishes come true and now Mitch is in Dave's body and vice versa. Can they make it thru the day/week without destroying each others life?
The Change Up has alot of funny scenes, a ton of T&A and more F-bombs than any movie I think I've seen in a long time. There's also one scene that I was a little uncomfortable with....baby fingers and a blender is just unnerving.  It's definately NOT for those prim and proper ladies out there.
The Change Up was kinda interesting for me I saw a little of myself in Mitch when I was in my early 20's and I see a little of Dave's character in me now at 38.
Sydney Rouviere (Knocked Up) plays Daves wife and her performance is almost a carbon copy of her character in Knocked Up.
Olivia Wilde (X-men origins Wolverine & Cowboys & Aliens) is smoking hot in this movie!
The story is not original at all it's been done to death....Trading Places, Freaky Friday, Big, Face Off etc. I'd say wait for it to come to Netflix.
C-

No comments:

Post a Comment